We are looking for a Controller to join our team and help us with the administrative side of running an investment fund.
The role - we are looking for someone to take charge of the following:
As a Controller at Peak Capital, you will be responsible for the fund administration and part of the communication towards our investor base. Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Consolidating the key financial metrics from portfolio companies for our investor reporting
- Writing qualitative and quantitative updates about developments at portfolio companies for our investors
- Managing the administrative side of the fund management: capital drawdowns, fund administration, IRR calculations, and compliance topics
- Coordinating with our external bookkeeping service providers to establish proper accounts
- Coordinating the review of the annual accounts with our external accountant.
Financial support of portfolio companies:
We have a portfolio of ~20 investments and plan to invest in another ~15 businesses in the next few years. We want to make sure that we are up to date on the financials of our portfolio companies, and support them with their financial reporting. Your tasks would include:
- Ensuring that portfolio companies have a proper setup, including a detailed profit and loss statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement
- Setting up or reviewing the Chart of Accounts after an investment
- Assisting in the setup of KPI tracking/monitoring activities for portfolio companies
- Supporting in the due diligence process prior to making new investments
- HBO or University (Bachelor or Master) degree in Accounting, Controlling or Finance
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in an accounting or controlling function
- A good understanding of profit and loss statements, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting
- Understanding of accounting principles as well as applicable laws and regulations
- Strong writing skills in both Dutch and English
- Proficiency in Excel, Exact Online and/or Twinfield
- Bonus points if you have experience at another investment fund.
We are looking for someone to join us part-time in this role, for approximately 3 days per week. We are a small team and our agendas are very flexible, so it’s up to you how to divide your time.